Categories: Cats

Fire leaves one resident injured and his/her cat dead

Share

Temple, Texas, USA: a cat companion died on Friday last and a local resident was injured when fire broke out in a mobile home. The fire was reported just after 10:45 AM on Friday. The property was on fire with flames coming out of the windows when the fireman arrived. They brought the fire under control quite quickly. The injured resident suffered smoke inhalation and burns after re-entering the home. The person declined medical treatment and the fire is under investigation.

Temple Fire & Rescue photo

Comment: it looks as if the resident re-entered his or her home before the firefighters arrived in order to try and recover her pet cat. That is a suggestion from me no more. But it is quite commonplace for cat owners to go into their burning home to recover their cat or cats such as the bond between them.

However, far too often cats are killed in fires while their owners escape. I believe more can be done to save cats under these circumstances. Their deaths implies that they are indoor cats and locked in. There should be an escape route for them.

Reported on the KWTX website

MikeB

Leave a Comment

Recent Posts

Artificial grass is bad for nature and the environment

It appears that nowadays artificial grass is fantastic quality, highly realistic and more popular than…

14 hours ago

Dogs are the greatest thing in the world – Ricky Gervais

Ricky Gervais is sad to be parting company with his co-star, a female bicoloured, predominantly…

14 hours ago

Punishing rhino poachers much more severely stops them

NEWS AND OPINION: Rhino poaching has fallen by 63% in Namibia because fines dished out…

1 day ago

Stark naked man chases wild boar who stole his laptop

This photograph, and others in the series, taken by Adele Landauer who happened to be…

1 day ago

Pesticides poison two dogs and birds of prey

NEWS AND VIEWS: It appears that somebody in a place called Nidderdale, near Pateley Bridge,…

2 days ago

Bisphenol in shop receipts is toxic to people and pets

COMMENT/OPNION: Frankly, it is shocking and disgraceful that bisphenol is present in 93% of receipts…

2 days ago